June 8, 2010
Regina’s Rah Rah released their sophomore album Breaking Hearts earlier this month. It’s full of whimsical indie beats, with lovely co-ed vocals and catchy, rampant choruses. It’s the exact music that has stapled their image to Canadian streets. Returning to NXNE for two performances, vocalist and multi-instrumentalist Erin Passmore tells us what to expect.
Rah Rah are excellent. Touring the release of our new album Breaking Hearts! On our way to the east coast.
2. There are a lot of bands playing NXNE, why should we watch yours?
Free candy! Big balloons! Laughs and smiles!
3. What are you doing to prepare for NXNE?
Staying hydrated, staying fit and having fun. Also, studying the science of double-dutch rope skipping
4. What are you hoping to get out of the festival?
New friends, new fun with old friends, new inspiration about old times with new friends, old friends inspiring new times with best friends, music, parties
5. Which act(s) are you hoping to catch during the festival and why?
Best Coast, Boats, Cotton Mouth, DD/MM/YYYY, Ghostkeeper, Gramercy Riffs, HEALTH, Iggy, Kid Sister, Les Savy Favs, Old Man Luedecke and Said the Whale, just to name a few. Because life is short! We also look forward to random and deadly new band discoveries!
6. Tell me a tour story that is crazy but true.
A member of Rah Rah almost sleep-peed on another member’s face. Tragedy avoided, the sleep mat was thrown away. Friendships are still going strong.
7. What is Rah Rah working on at the moment?
We are touring to promote our new album Breaking Hearts. We’ve also been writing new songs. We’ve been talking about new technologies telling jokes while we drive across the country.
8. Which shows/events/BBQs are you playing?
We’re playing Friday, June 18th at Bread and Circus at 12 a.m. and Sunday June 20th at El Mocambo at 11 p.m.!
9. Where can we find out more about you?
10. Any last parting words for us music-hungry Toronto folk?
New album out June 1st! Stay fit and have fun!