By : Ty Cohen
Over the next few minutes, I am going to go over some music promotional ideas, offer advice on selecting musician resources and show you how to promote your CD without emptying out your wallet. Independent artists have the upper hand and no longer have to worry about being signed to a major label to make it.
1. As I said before, you don't need a record deal to "make it" in the music industry. The industry has changed and that is no longer the absolute measure of your success. You can define your own success.
2. As an Indie artist, you won't have anyone telling you what to play, how to dress, how to promote your CD, which songs to sing or who to socialize with. It is all about you and your creativity!
3. Financial freedom is one of the most wonderful things about being an independent artist. You can come up with all types of music promotional ideas about how you market your music and what you do with your profits.
4. Spend the most amount of time on your first album. Take full advantage of every musician resource out there. First impressions are everything so you want this first one to be great.
5. Spend your money wisely. Don't go crazy with studio time and rack up tons of bills. Try to work out any problematic areas before you go on the studio clock.
6. Don't skimp on the manufacturing of your CD. You these people to be reputable and it is ok to splurge in this area. You want to make sure you release a good product no matter what.
7. Schedule your own tour. You want to build an incredible fan base because they are the best musician resource out there. Your fans love you but they will also be honest about your music and shows. If they don't like something or something is up to their standards, they will let you know.
8. Lastly, never underestimate the power of the Internet when searching for music promotional ideas on how to promote your CD. The Web is your friend and that is where the Independent artists make the most dough. Get a website and get a MySpace page.
These are just the top eight music promotional ideas and tips that I can offer you. Constantly try to redefine your music and come up with innovative marketable ideas. The opportunities are endless so take advantage of every single one of them.
Author Resource:- Online music industry's most recognizable voice-the former owner of an Indie label-current owner of Platinum Millennium Pub. & music industry seminar speaker/panelist. Author/creator of 40+ best-selling music biz materials & other "How to" resources, that helped 1000s of people. http://www.musiccontracts101.com/docs/products/002/ for more on Music Promotional Ideas, How to Promote Your CD, & Musician Resources